Tuesday, January 5, 2021

georgia on my mind

Yep mine and everybody else who knows what's going on politically.  On both sides, mind you.  Trump did the absolute WORST thing he could do for his party by making that phone call for the country to witness.  That could be one of the many charge awaiting him.  The only way this man can be pardoned is if he dies and Pence becomes POTUS between now and January the 20th.  The point would be moot yet it would be interesting to see what Pence the spineless might do.  

I am still looking for a proper home for Ellie.  She needs room to run and people to love on.  Me and my buddy watched some cool documentaries today about Dolly Parton and Frank Sinatra.  We both enjoyed listening to the music and learning things we didn't know.  No ducks and no turtles. And definitely no leaves.  Yet the breeze catches those windchimes now and then and you could swear you're in fairyland.

Yaya and I exchanged gifts this morning which is unusual because usually I forget to buy for her unless I see something that just screams her name.  This shirt definitely did.  We chatted and got caught up and actually saw a little of Kelly and Ryan.  I got hooked on that one long ago, but not enough to pay for cable.  

Minimalism is becoming the norm these days and after all those years of chasing the dream folks are looking for "simple."  I certainly am.  That requires a ton of letting go of things and objects and focusing on the moment.  I'm one of the world's worst at that but I'm learning.  Living in clutter is not good for you in the long haul and I've been doing that for five years.  I'm not a hoarder, I was just the last in the line of a family to deal  with a lot of good memories.  I can't wait for that dumpster to show up in the yard.  

I can touch everything all Marie Kondo style and send it to wherever it's going.  The Minimalist guys makes sense.  Travel lightly for the road is long yet short on time to seize the day.  I pray that this day and all the ones to come are peaceful and content for you and that the Lord will give us strength to stand together and love each other for who we are.  Not what we could or should be.  Unconditional.  

One of the most upsetting things I read this week was about a young mother jumping off the I40 bridge with her toddler.  I know that there is that kind of hopelessness out there everywhere.  These are the least of them and there is always help.  All you gotta' do is ask.  

^J^




No comments:

Post a Comment