Saturday, January 16, 2021

from the palace

Lauren and Reaves and Oscar and I all crammed into a queen size bed last night and slept fitfully.  Everybody was kind of not used to all that company.  I had to get up to pee around 630 and everybody was up after that.  LP drove to Bemis to work leaving me and Reaves for a grandma day.  She is only three and quite strong willed but we made it just fine until it came to getting dressed to go pick up groceries at Kroger.  Then it was a full on meltdown for both of us.  I even called my neighbor crying to ask if he would make the Kroger run for me.  Out of the blue she decided she wanted to go for a car ride so there we went.  

Now most of you know that I am a non-fiction writer girl on the street kind of gal.  Oscar rode with us to Kroger and when I lifted the hatchback for the grocery lady he jumped out and started sniffing every tire on the parking lot.  Several employees offered to help me with tracking him down even offering to pick him up and I said NOOOOOOO.  He was on the edge next to Walgreens when I finally caught up with him and got him back in the car.  Lerd.  Lauren had a similar experience last night at the 'gentral but not with Oscar....some other rascally dog while Oscar sat in her car.  UCMTSU.

Today I have been wash lady, cook, grandmother, out of my mind and blessed.  At some point Reaves began a chorus about loving all things Gaga and my heart melted.  She is presently still trolling the office which may never be the same again.  There is a reason that you have kids when you're young.  I was 29 when Lauren was born and I sure felt it raising a kid in my 30s and 40s.  At one point today I was actually invited into her palace where she sat on a throne with a yoga mat stretched out in front.  A purple one, no less.  

Wave below the crown girls ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment