Monday, January 18, 2021

little by little

I am moving things one or two pieces at a time to the cabin since I now have a vehicle with room to do so.  I can't lift a lot but these are small pieces that make it look a bit more like home....antique rocking chair, wicker table, etc.  The bed is there with some modifications to be made for the full size set that I bought.  I will have to buy new sheets but I need 'em anyway.  Mine are a mish mash of nothing that matches.  

I have never bought a lottery ticket in my life until today and I just had to get a Powerball since it's around 700 million.  If I win I will remember every single person who has ever helped me out plus some.  If you don't play, you can't win.  I don't do the scratch off game and actually feel sorry for those folks who plop down all that money and sit in the car scratching away only to be disappointed.  I see how it can easily become an expensive addiction.  

I thought about Dr King all day and was really wowed by the story that Kelly Clarkson featured about a former white supremacist and his African American parole officer.  Kelly cried and so did I.  He is no longer her client but they remain fast friends.  He had to relocate after leaving the ideology behind to protect himself and his family.  Very brave on both of their parts.  

We have two days left of this presidency.  I pray that the weeks ahead will be a peaceful transition even though you know who is acting like a spoiled brat.  And so is wifey.  I'm just ready to move on to something more civilized.  I read a piece today about the usual meeting of first ladies during the transition to walk the White House together.  That won't be happening this time which is sad but whatever it takes to get to Plan B.  

There are ties between us....all men and women ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment