Monday, January 11, 2021

flashback

Exactly one year ago today I was in the Dyersburg ER after being delivered by my brother through standing flash flood water on the lane.  My cousin Millette stayed with me through that day which I totally don't remember, until I was transported by ambulance to Baptist East critically ill.  I don't remember getting there or even being put in a room for a day until I could have surgery.  The memories that I have are of waking up on a vent in ICU post op surrounded by friends and family.  There was grave concern that I would not make it.  And yet I did.  The recovery was terrible and I was pretty foggy for about two months.  I even marked on the calendar the first day I drove which was in March!

I woke up at 3AM this morning thinking about what I had to do today.  At nine, with lots of ugly crying and sobbing, I delivered Ellie to the folks from Paws 2 Care for transport to Illinois and a new life.  This is probably one of the hardest things I've ever done.  I have put fur babies to sleep, buried them when they died and grieved.  Yet I was not ready for the trauma of actually giving her up to strangers.  Fortunately a loving fellow church member was there to give me comfort and I suppose she was driving.  Every cage had a name and number and Ellie was #6...big crate.   I have her leash, the one she pulled me down with back in April.  Boy was THAT an ordeal.  I couldn't walk for a month.  Her parting act of mischief was to destroy another ROKU remote that I got one week ago.  It's strange to be able to leave food out on the counter without it getting snatched.  As much as I bitched about her, she is my babygirl.  Oscar keeps going to the porch looking for her but he is enjoying the quiet.  

I refuse to talk politics today.  I am not happy with what is happening (again) because I know that it puts our country in a very vulnerable position.  Not to mention the fact that the loonies are just waiting and being fed by hate masters.  The whole thing seems surreal and I truly believe that now more than ever we must do the next right thing for our citizens.  Taking away the nuclear codes was a nice start.  

Let us pray, kids.  Far and wide and hither and yon, we need each other now more than ever ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment