Friday, January 29, 2021

before a fall

Pride goeth, or so I've read in the scripture.  My boss was good enough to let me have a day off to be able to see the progress at my old/new home.  I bought sheets and shower rings at the 'gentral. All that bed needs is a quilt which is in the dryer .  This has been a years long mission to restore the place where the Stafford family got raised up.  There were three of us....Me, Bubba and Tommy.  At one time all five of us lived under that roof and enjoyed lots of good times.  

As kids we were very different and we still are.  I see both Mama and Daddy coming out in us as we age.  I fall ALL the time because I'm always in a hurry to do this or that.  I had my virgin fall at the cabin today while carrying nothing at all but not holding the rail.  Different steps, ya know.  It was then that I realized that it will all come together in spite of me and my busy work.  I have the luxury of slowly going through old family history as I work toward my sweet spot.  

It is where I will die, just about a mile from my burial plot at the Carter Family Cemetery.  Bubba already has his stone down there but I'm paying for a new car so I'll just let the estate take care of that.  

Happy Friday kids.  Y'all keep the faith and call out the stupid ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment