Monday, September 28, 2020

you just never know

I had a wonderful time with friends eating mexicans today and did a couple of errands to boot.  After I got home me and the dogs were sitting on the porch and we heard a loud crack  It was another pecan limb across the road.  Granny neighbor was heading out with the boys and I went out there to consult with Bubba for the best way around which was through my yard and between "those two trees."  I was out there directig traffic when the county showed up to clear it.  Done in 30 minutes flat.  Maybe a tornado will take 'em out and the little ones will survive.  Always plan ahead.  

I have been cooking like a demon lately.  Last night's dinner was roast pork in Paul Yarbro's honey plus a little mustard and rosemary.  And I still have some left!  I made deviled eggs, spaghetti sauce and more.  I reckon I'm experimenting with my mama's talent.  I think it's in my genes.  

The mask mandate has been lifted in Dyer county but I will continue to wear mine and wash often.  It's a real thing.  My friend Larry just called with tales of woe about access to healthcare which I can totally relate to.  COVID has changed our lives and it won't go away until we get proactive.  I watched as much of The Social Dilemma as I could stand and it's some scary shit.  I just want to be in a little tribe with my people and not distracted all the time.  Zuck?  Contributing to a presidential campaign is not cool.  Cut it out.  

I'm terribly disappointed in the SCOTUS situation but not surprised.  These folks will stop at nothing to take away our rights.  Roe v Wade was decided in 1973 and it's still a talking point with conservatives.  So is the ACA which is coming up in November.  Right after the election, so to speak.

I finished all my cards and dropped them in the box at the USPS today. Will it make a difference?  Who knows.  But at least I tried.  Be kind and humble and help the least of these ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment