Sunday, September 13, 2020

slime time

The best five bucks I've ever spent is on a 2 lb bucket of glitter slime which is the biggest she's had.  That kept her occupied the whole time they were here today with minimal cleanup.  We got to snuggle and watch Looney Tunes and there was only one minor meltdown on the way out over eating yogurt in the car.  Momma won that one.  

I did online church today and I still can't get over how much has changed since we last met maskless up in there.  The staff expertly showcased discipleship using prophets and Jesus with only four disciples.  I learned a lot, but then I always do.  My take away was this:  We cannot survive without community.  Wherever one or two are gathered in His name we must lean on each other and reach out to the least of these.  In service. In missions. In everyday relationships with people in our tribes.  By meeting people where they are OUTSIDE the walls of the church building proper.  

I am postponing surgery again until I feel it is safe to go inpatient for such a major procedure.  Now is not the time with all the COVID going around and I really don't want to get it and die following an elective surgery.  If I had someone to help care for me, that would be a different story but it is what it is.    

My expectation is that the stimulus will come through in some form or fashion before the election because both sides want to claim credit.  At this point there is a lot of wiggle room and politicians need to think about what we are going through as the little people.  This is not the time to play hardball politics and leave us in the lurch.  And not the time for a new FBI building, IMHO.

So go out there and kill 'em with kindness.  Don't be taken in by false prophets or those who won't give and take.  And keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment