Friday, September 18, 2020

walk the way the wind blows

It is FALL y'all!  I struck out on a walk this morning with the dogs and made good time now that the road is smooth.  As I approached the dairy barn I ran into my old buddy Wade parking the gator.  We stood in the road forever talking and comparing dog pictures.  He is like part of the landscape out here and on any given day I will pass him on some piece of farm equipment.  They tried the corn yesterday and there was still too much moisture so this brisk wind should finish it up for harvest.  There is a familiarity in the farming seasons that brings me comfort.  I am such a country girl.

It wasn't always that way.  When I was growing up all I could think about was getting to town.  Now I'm happy chilling and watching nature take its' course.  I can feel my stamina returning little by little and walking should help that a lot.  I get lonely on occasion but I tend to be a solitary soul so I can deal with it.  Mostly I miss my girls.  Jackson ain't that far away but my car isn't very reliable so it's scary to travel.  As money allows, I will have the things taken care of that need fixing.  One day at a time.  

Y'all live in the moment and be nice.  And always, keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment