Saturday, September 19, 2020

justice for all

While the country mourns the loss of Supreme Court justice Ruth Ginsberg, the "other side" is already lining up to replace her with a conservative which was one of her last wishes NOT to happen per her granddaughter.  If you will remember what happened with Merrick Garland at the end of President Obama's term, we should be able to assume that the position will remain open until after the election.  Not so, says Moscow Mitch.  How is that for a double standard.  

The weather is so nice it's ridiculous so I did my little walkabout this morning and took it a bit further down the hill.  My next goal is to make it to the main road and back which is a mile.  That was my normal pre-op trek.  At one time I did 2.5 which was up to the golf course hill and back.  Maybe someday!

Lauren came for a brief visit last night and I loaded her up with presents for her and Reaves' birthday plus some home made goodies.  I also pitched in on a pinata and party favors.  Hey...you only turn three once.  Several of Reaves' friends from school will be there and I'm sure it will be fun for all knowing she and Mama Kim.  

There is lots of pleasure flying going on today and I  love to watch them soar.  I actually got to see my house from a small plane once thanks to Chuck.  It was a surreal experience to say the least.  I was a little scared but trusted him so it was all good.  I also got to see lots of floodwater in three states.  

Let us all be especially kind to each other during the contining pandemic.  Get your flu shot and wear a mask.  Flu and COVID are a particularly deadly combination.  

Love y'all like chicken ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment