Saturday, September 12, 2020

a day at the market

Saturdays have become a habit for me and I set the alarm to make it early to the farmer's market to get Sheryl's bread.  Of course I always ooh and ahh over everything and get to see people all masked up that I still recognize.  I don't usually dwell over the jewelry tables but a little voice called out to me and it was my old salsa sister Athena.  I had forgotten how much I love her stuff, all handcrafted and original.  She makes these little suncatcher deals with beads and a prism on the bottom and I've bought several from her and either broke it or lost it.  I picked one out and she gave it to me for my birthday!  How sweet is that. Of course I always visit Paige at Tie One On just to say hi and feel all groovy with the tie dye.  I've already given her a Christmas order.  This is how you support small business people.  

I watched a chilling video about 9/11 that I had never seen before and it brought the reality back in vivid detail.  Listening to all those scared voices made a big impact on me.  While I watched the horror on TV, those people were saying goodbye to their loved ones and tracking planes all over the place.  Never forget the feeling of being vulnerable.  

The heavens finally opened up and I drove home through a monsoon.  We need it.  The dust is so thick around here you can taste it and the corn will be coming down soon.  No wonder I have post nasal drip!

Tell somebody you love them today like you mean it.  Life is short and you may never get the chance ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment