Wednesday, September 23, 2020

an ounce of prevention

Yesterday, I got a flu shot.  Today was Pap smear/annual exam day with my buddy Dr. Joyner.  We compared health issues for the both of us for the past year and it has been major for the both of us.  Not only is he my forever GYN but a former co-worker with whom I totally enjoyed working.  I never heard a cross word from him...ever.  Not even during emergencies.  He was kind and patient and knew that the blood bank lady was doing her best.  He will retire next year which he totally deserves.  

It was chilly enough for a sweater so I pulled out my favorite dolla' store cardigan and was surprised to find a pair of glasses in the pocket that I thought was long gone.  I love it when that happens!  Maybe there will be some money in the next pocket I check.  I'm pretty much pinching pennies and living check to check like a lot of folks.  I have some nice winter stuff thanks to friends who handed them down to me.  This girl ain't proud, just saying.

So the notorious RBG was carried by former clerks and there were a ton of them.  Meanwhile, Romney has flipped again and wants to fill her seat pronto.  I knew his middle of the road attitude was too good to be true.  The hypocricy surrouding this particular issue is astounding considering what happened with Merrick Garland.  

I'm back to a Breaking Bad binge for entertainment. My favorite part is when the dudes get blown up in the nursing home but I'm not there yet.  We are still anxiously awaiting the return of Handmaid's Tale to see what June is up to next.  

Pull out your flashlight and shine it on the world.  And remember who you are ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment