Wednesday, September 30, 2020

clumsy

I am currently icing down my ankle where I whacked it on the kitchen chair last night.  Gigi happened to call on her way out of town and I met her to get an ankle brace.  If it ain't one thing it's five.  I remember very well Dr. Algee telling me that falls are the number one risk for elders and so far he's been right on.  I am very fortunate that nothing has been broken yet but my exercise will have to be put on hiatus until this episode passes.  I'm taking Arnica like a madwoman and extra strength tylenol as often as I can.  Heaven forbid I should have some real live pain medicine.  That's the sad thing about opiate abuse.  People who really need them have to jump through hoops to get 'em.  

I lasted every bit of ten minutes on the debate last night, if you call it that.  Mostly it was Trump ranting and raving and talking off point and OVER Biden and Chris Wallace.  He tried his best to rein him in but he wouldn't have it.  Besides his deranged yammering on how the left is responsible for all the violence he had the audacity to attack Biden's son Hunter and bring up his past cocaine addiction for which he is in recovery.  It was a total shitshow.  The high point to me was when Biden told him to just shut up.  I didn't expect it to be a "debate" and it certainly was not.  It was a raging narcissist not following the rules of proper debate.  Somebody suggested at the next debate, if there is one, that the moderator have a button to turn off the mic of the one not speaking.  Genius.  

It has been like grand central out here lately with the county road department and Dyersburg Electric fixing things. I had a job interview yesterday and ended up putting on my makeup by a battery powered lantern.  I've been on hold for a week with Byrum Healthcare over ordering my ostomy supplies.  Nobody is quite sure what my balance is so I paid them the lowest quoted figure and ordered what I needed this morning.  A lot of it has to do with all the insurance problems I've had prior to Medicare.  I honestly don't see how people without some knowledge of healthcare navigate the system.  I guess they mostly fall through the cracks.  

The list of things to do seems to be endless but I'm trying to stay on track.  My new favorite show is The Good Place on Netflix.  It's happy and funny which is what I need.  Y'all be kind and helpful and keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment