Thursday, September 3, 2020

the smell of basil

I have a tiny little one cup food processor that I've had forever.  I  just chopped up some basil to make pesto and the whole house is permeated with it.  Ahhhh.  Simple pleasures.  

I have not done yoga or any kind of exercise except walking since my surgery.  I decided to try out the class at FUMC today and felt right at home with an Amy Carroll video.  There were two of us in that room at the family life center and we looked up once to see a bunch of pre-school kids peering through the window at us.  More than likely they were wondering what the heck those old ladies were doing on the floor.  I love it.  Yoga is the best thing for my joints right now and I will continue.  When I first started I was with a young 'un who was kind of hard to keep up with.  Amy tailors her workouts to different age and strength groups.  Perfect for me.  I snapped crackled and popped my way through it and feel much better.  

On my way back from visiting Yaya I passed by a YUGE Trump party on the parking lot of Tractor Supply.  I was tempted to pull in and check it out but I knew it would just piss me off so I kept moving.  If that space was donated by said company, I will never shop there again.  This girl don't play.

Aside from that, I'm just happy to be alive and ready to vote.  Now that we have a headquarters locally, things will be kicking into high gear.  I am totally ready to stamp, address and otherwise advance the cause.  At least I will know I did my part whatever happens.  Remember who you are ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment