Monday, April 17, 2023

samaria bend spring

Hey Mom and Dad.  I'm enjoying the perk of living out my life in your old homeplace, completely remodeled.  There is still that familiar drop in the corner by the living room window.  That's where my desk is.  From there I can see the front and side while I write.  Y'all probably know it up in heaven, but I'm writing things that get published now.  We even beat USA today on one!  Rachel had a hard life but in the end she took care of Granny and Pops and all of them while raising her own kids.  About the only one left is Kathy Cook.  She bought my wedding china, by the way.  I put it up in that big sale we had here after y'all passed.  It took a couple of years but things began looking different.  

Just like you Mom, I took pictures along the way of the progress at your home.  Harvey planted trees in your honor and there are even stones with your names on them.  I think the peach got bit during a cold snap but the apples look good.  Bubba comes by every day to check on things just like you did, Daddy.  We talk outside on the porch when it's warm enough.  His dog Sadie is well trained and always stays in the truck.  

You have a beautiful five year old great grand names Elizabeth.  I sure do wish you could have known the joy that is Reaves.  But then, you do.  Looking down from heaven and smiling and all that.  Both of you taught me that family is everything.  I still know the names of all the aunts and cousins and in-laws thanks to you.   Well, only if you wrote the name of the back.  

Bubba was really amazed with what the vent cleaner guy came up with up on the house you and I worked on Daddy.  All sorts of balls and stuff.  Two of them were therapy balls.  Dang, I've been missing them.  My friend gave 'em to me and I roll around with them under my shoulders and stuff.  Great for lower back, Daddy.

I am amazed at what still blooms here that you planted.  I've moved some stuff from the hill down here and we shall see if they make it.  I won't be gardening this year, except in pots.  I'm too old to be dragging a hose all over the yard.  Remember that dog I brought you when Daddy's died?  Y'all had never had an inside dog like me.  "It's like having a stranger in the house!"  OMG  I got Butterbean back after about a day and she lived happily ever after until, oh well.  You know the story.

I can still see and hear you clearly through little signs from God.  It's the same with other people who have died that I loved.  Since y'all have been up there I had a great big awful surgery that almost killed me.  I reckon it wasn't my time to go, but you would so proud of Lauren for stepping up and spreading the word.  She was so scared!  So was I.  I saw a nice nurse today in Jackson who helped me a lot with the bag I still carry.  I got that diverticulosis from you Janice Ann.  And the stubborn side from Billie G.

I could go on and on but it's almost bedtime.  I don't stay up late like you did.  Old 'arthur hits me a lot and I can't take the NSAIDs like you did.  You know, renal insufficiency.  I'm looking forward to the two decent weeks of spring we have after the dust clears.  Even gonna' spring for a ten dolla' car wash tomorrow.  

Love you.  Mean it ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment