Thursday, April 6, 2023

broken

The pain from this ostomy has become unbearable to the point that I'm scared to eat because of what will happen.  Chronic liquid output keeps the stoma inflamed and ulcerated.  I take an over the counter pill but that results in pancaking when I eat.  Obviously I am doing something wrong.  I have an upcoming appointment in Jackson with an ostomy nurse but I doubt that she can prescribe anything to deal with the squirts.  Hopefully there's a doctor involved who can assist with that.  My GP refused to prescribe more than 2 weeks worth of Lomotil or Reglan or whatever else I need.  I did meet with a local surgeon that I trusted and he promised me a referral and a script but then he resigned the very next week.  Modern healthcare sucks a big one.

This reporting thing takes up a lot of time and gas but I am enjoying it because I get to meet new people and hear their stories.  I think that is really what folks want to read, if you know what I mean.  Like back in the old days when you held a physical newspaper in your hand and read it from front to back, including the cartoons.  I miss that.

It was 85 degrees yesterday and now it's in the fifties.  Jeez man.  I never know what to wear anymore and my wardrobe is limited, ya know?  That is why there are clothes every freakin' where all over the house.  Life is hard, and then you die.  What matters is what you do when you are alive ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment