Thursday, September 29, 2022

tis the season

It is about t   his time of the year that I am grateful to be a procrastinating fool and all the Christmas stuff is on the steps to the attic.  No UP there mind you, but it's pretty hard to move that board.  At the old house I could stash the stuff on the attic steps until it was not safely navigated.  Always a treat to go through the year before.  

There is chicken boiling waiting for the dumplings to be made which probably won't be tonight.  Tomorrow is a school day, ya know.  I will tear the chicken and save the broth for Helen Hine's home made dumplings.  Or buy a bag of Mrs. Bs.  Who the hell cares?  It's dumplings!  With chicken!  My friend Kay who is an expert at planning all things has her Thanksgiving dressing done.  I feel so inadequate ;)  Fear not...we will have Mama's Staff's dressing if it's the last thing I do.  I talked to another classmate today who is super smart and we caught up on the past 50 years talking about careers, parents and kids.  

I know a lot of folks who are suffering right now in Florida.  That damn Ian was a monster.....a century hurricane.  First time it has hit that area so hard since 1921.  The Sanibel bridge is gone stranding a lot of folks on that island.  Sanibel was always on my bucket list.  Maybe I'll live to see another bridge.  For those of you who deny climate change just remember.  Al warned us and so did all the scientists.  

Life as we know it has changed a lot during my time on earth.  We went from black and white TV to stream on demand.  All over the moon and stars with rocket science.  A whole lot of wars that were not necessary, beginning with Vietnam when I was a teenager.  Meanwhile we have neglected the infrastructure of our own country and let an idiot lead us into complete chaos.  I don't think anybody ever breached the Capitol building until recently.  Maybe it happened in history but not in my life time.  

I am a dem and always will be.  I believe in the FDR stuff like equal rights and a decent way of living for those who try.  I do believe that Biden is doing his best in these hard times but he's old y'all.  We need someone younger than he or Trump.   Somebody who is not war weary and waiting to die.  That somebody could change the course of history.   Think about that.  Pray about it instead of being blindly partisan.  I was raised by a GOP family and state.  Watergate changed all of that for me personally.  

Y'all keep it in the middle of the road.  And don't dare pass me on the shoulder again ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment