Sunday, September 25, 2022

fine then

Once upon a time when I was struggling with all sorts of problems this guy came to teach our SS class...I think his name was Jack.  He was all about addiction and recovery and bragging on himself to tell everybody else how to do it.  That was when I first discovered that I was an addict myself.  I wanted approval and permission and everything else.  I learned in church today what happens to those who don't take of the least of these.  It sounded pretty fiery down there in hell.  I seriously believe that I am living my best life right here and now in communion with other believers.  When I die...meh.  Somebody will preach and friends will hold each other and remember all our good times together.  Maybe a little music down there at the Carter family cemetery.  FINE means fearful, insecure, neurotic, egotistical.

You can always count on the Middle City rednecks to fire up their guns at sunset and freak Oscar out but what do you do?  It's legal in the county.  Meanwhile, there have been several shootings in the city that I became aware of.  This is Dyersburg, people.  WTF?  

My list for this week includes the drug store, blood draw and going back to get that seriously cute flannel shirt.  Not in any particular order, of course.  Oh yeah, and the bank.  Let's all pray somebody doesn't sideswipe us.

Peace and love kids ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment