Sunday, September 4, 2022

migration

I see dead armadillos every where these days.  Never saw 'em as a kid so I reckon they all headed to Tennessee from Mexico and Texas.  New Mexico and Arizona.  Y'all know how that goes!  Go where the gettin' is good.  They aren't used to the traffic though.  There's a carcass everywhere I go.

I hope your holiday is merry and bright.  I'll be spending it with my besties.  This humidity is horrendous.  I'm ready for some 30% and 70ish degrees.  

Worship was good today.  My girls have found a couple of church homes in Jackson and I love that.  I'll be visiting SoulQuest soon where you come as you are and receive a message from a reformed Baptist.  Sounds like a plan!  As long as I'm with my family I can praise God.  I watched two more young families launch their kids into the acolyte/cross bearer positions.  There was a lot of chatter and hugging and picture taking.  It made my heart swell.  Our church has always been noted as a rich congregation.  Everybody dresses nice and drives big cars.  Same for First Baptist.  When Lauren was growing up we had no youth program for teenagers so she went to the FBC teenage group.  It was flourishing at that time because the youth minister was awesome.  

More and more often I see myself as being more humble and embracing those who are too.  Pride is everybody's downfall as in original sin.  But you know what?  There's a light at the end of the tunnel and that is a brown man who died a tortuous death bleeding on a cross.  And it was all so we could be forgiven ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment