Thursday, September 1, 2022

the water bill

I got spoiled to having a well at the old house and never had to pay for it.  When I moved I had to take up service with the utility district closest to me and it ran about 34 bucks a month.  I got the bill for 6/30 through 7/25 today and it was double!  That is when I was furiously trying to keep my plants alive during the first drought.  Note to self:  Do not do that next year.  

The world keeps on turning and it's already September which we all know is not a huge break in the heat when you live in the south.  This summer has kicked my ass in more ways than one.  I don't ever remember that much heat for an extended period of time since forever.  Plus the no rain thing.  Showers make the humidity rise.  I'm just waiting for a day when the morning is crisp.  Back in the day it was like that during fair week.  I'm signed up to work a booth one day so I'm praying for a miracle.

Speaking of which...y'all keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment