Tuesday, September 6, 2022

the gathering

I've had a couple of not so great days so it was a real treat to visit with my brother and neighbor this afternoon.  Bubba bought BBQ that he cooked and we visited by his truck bed with Keith who was mowing all the family's yards.  He is the owner and manager of a large tract of farmland on the other side of Samaria Bend.   We all grew up here and have the same memories.  

I'm still having to work on my boundaries because well, co-dependency is a lifelong thing.  It is often the cause for substance abuse and what not.  We try to *fix* things by offering help where it is not needed or wanted.  I'm about to re-read Melodie Beattie for my mental health.

I left here about 1030 this morning and ran into a huge rainstorm in Southtown.  I know to drive in the left lane because on the right you hydroplane.  Same for Highway 51.  If I were still driving that old Camry, I would have had several wrecks by now.  My oil changes are current and the tires are good.  It may be dirty but hey.  I live in the country.  

The junk yard down the road is "closed for construction" until October 3rd.  I got behind a guy pulling a trailer and both the bed and trailer were packed full.  When that happens, they find a place to turn around somewhere on Samaria Bend which is usually a field road.  One is even blocked off now to keep 'em out.  Hey, it takes a village and voices to make things happen.  

Y'all be grateful and humble.  You know what they say about pride^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment