Monday, September 26, 2022

paying it forward

I've heard lots of stories about people paying for the folks behind them at the drive through but it never happened to me.  Until today.  It was unusually NOT busy at McDonald's as I placed my order and waited to pay.  Imagine my surprise when the window gal told me the man in front had paid for mine!  He was still waiting to pull out of the parking lot and I gave him a big wave and got a wave in return.  I love it when that happens.  It restores my faith in people and shows me that there are a lot of good ones.  

I saw an old friend at church yesterday who has been laying low during the pandemic because he has a lot of health issues.  I was so excited to see him and get a hug that I said quite loudly "Hey buddy!"  I kind of forgot that I was in the hush hush of the sanctuary where people are chatting quietly waiting for the service to begin.  I'm sure they heard me all the way in the back pews.  

Just as I figured, the seriously cute shirt was gone when I went back.  All they had in any of the styles or colors was XS.  Meh.  That will teach me to pass something up that I really love, which doesn't happen often.   My friend gave me some birthday money and I promised her I would spend it on myself.  There are other stores and other shirts.  Going out to look is the hard part.  I do  not enjoy browsing or digging through racks.  Lord, how I miss JC Penney.   My biggest problem is now wearing things with a loose high waist to keep pressure off of my stoma.  Seatbelts do the same thing.  I have good and bad days with it but then I still have my wits about me enough to handle it.  I wonder how it will be as I get older.

Our weather is to die for perfect but I worry about all those flood and hurricane folks.  It's so commonplace now that the systems in place can't keep up with the demand.  Hint: global warming.  I especially pray for those in the path of Ian which has already destroyed Puerto Rico ( again ) and is headed for the mainland of Florida.  I started a new book today that Patsye gave me and I can relate so much that I laugh at every story.  It is a collection of funny stuff which is what I should probably aim for rather than "a book."   I got plenty of good short stories in me.  

Happy Monday to you and yours.  Open yourself up to all that free grace ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment