Sunday, September 11, 2022

flipping over tables

I went to Jackson this morning to attend church with the girls at SoulQuest.  It's non-denominational and a very welcoming place.  The music was fantastic and the preaching too.  Reaves didn't want to go to children's church at first so she went into the service with us but decided later on she would rather play so one of the members took her back from whence she came.  It's amazing all the work that goes into setting up and tearing down a church of that size in a borrowed building on the Union campus.  They are going to build their own eventually.  The preacher began a series today on emotions and started with anger.  Of course he talked  about how we all get angry and what the Bible says about that but he also covered angry Jesus who entered the temple and flipped over all the tables where the money changers were doing business.  For visuals there were small tables with signs like racism, addiction and the like and he actually PITCHED those tables off the stage.  Talk about some inspiration!  I met new people and saw some old friends.  Even got a t-shirt.  I didn't agree with all of the tables that got pitched, but most of them rang true.

Before I left I stopped to get gas at Four Points and wasn't familiar with the new pumps that offer non-ethanol.  While I was trying to figure it out with no buttons to push, an elderly gentleman asked me to help him out with his card and how to use the pump, which I gladly did.  Then I had to go inside to get instructions on how for ME to use it.  OMG.  There are two hoses, duh.  No button to push.  No mid grade and high grade.  Just ethanol or non.  Live and learn.

The only news I've seen is about the royal family and while I understand about "the queen stuff" as Carol called it, I'm kind of over it.  We've got our own country teetering on disaster to deal with.  Seeing Bannon in cuffs made my birthday.  Hopefully, there will be more cuffing to come.  

Y'all be faithful and remember who you are ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment