Tuesday, April 5, 2022

better shoes

I have some ordered that should be here tomorrow if they're not in crisis mode.  You know, the supply chain disruption and whatnot.  I'm so excited to get 'em because my feet aren't holding up well with the past three models that have a lot of  miles on them.  I wish I had a buck for every pair of shoes I bought to work in on the concrete floors.  Pounding them!  I hope this hospital reunion thing happens.  Sometimes I tend to put the cart before the horse, or the other way around.  I'm just a hot mess of an old lady trying to enjoy her golden years.  And you know what?  I'm loving it.

I saw my first fully bloomed redbud today on the way to paradise.  I pointed it out to Joy as we passed.  Those are my favorites.  There's some sort of huge white flowering tree there too.   It truly is a heavenly place to be around that lake.  
 
Well, I've slept since then and it rained. April showers and all that.  We will be wishing for it about June after bean planting.  I met the new neighbors today and got good vibes from them.  I have so missed having somebody there.  I am still friends with the previous family.  We spent seven long years together on that lane.  Mia was only 10 and Mandy's kids even younger.

I had not been back there in spring for many years and was amazed at how green it is.  Daddy used to take me fern hunting in the woods around there.  The river is everywhere and from the highest point you can see backwater gleaming.  It rarely goes away before June.  

I miss my people something awful and not just the girls.  Friends have come and gone in my life and I realize that they are there for a season.  And always, the seasons change.   They come from all phases of my life like being a mom, work and hanging out with.  Some of them I've known since I was Reaves' age.  And some?  I've just met recently.

The one and only book I've ever started was named: I'm not going to tell because somebody will rip off the title.  Anywho, it's all about how our lives are put together like pieces of colored glass in an artistic creation.  Or a quilt.  Or a painting.  My only handmade glass piece is purple and green and reflects the wear and tear of being moved multiple times.  But then there's the masterpiece from Larry.  The sunset lights up the bright reds and blues every day and I think about him.  

"Come on people now, love one another."  

No comments:

Post a Comment