Sunday, April 3, 2022

a beautiful spring day

Wow, have we been blessed with great weather.  After spending most of yesterday outdoors I got another dose of sun standing at the cemetery paying respects to a family friend.  I got a double dose of Mary Beth which was delightful and got to hug KayKay and a lot of others.  Cathy and me  and Delores and Hubert all huddle around the same spot close to the front.  Next week there will be palm waving galore and some more lessons about the triumphal entry.  Y'all know the rest of the story.  

Lauren and I went to lunch today as mother and daughter minus Reaves and it was so nice to just sit and talk.  An hour of just me and her catching up.  Hard to do that when Reaves is around.  I'm tired, but it's that good kind where you know you've had a workout.  My next priority is new tennis shoes.   When I was working a pair lasted about six months.  Now it's a year or so but I'm overdue.  I can feel what the lack of arch support is doing to my legs.  Like charley horses and what not.. 

Grief is a very difficult thing to maneuver.  Sometimes it's gradual like a slow decline in a relationship or life, and sometimes the grief shows up after a sudden tragedy.  Either way, it's hard.  You just kind of do it in reverse.  My friend Larry died in his sleep and that shocked us all.  I always try to hold onto the last time I saw somebody I love because it may be the last.  

Keep the faith Easter people ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment