Thursday, October 7, 2021

you got a friend in me

I am acutely aware of the critters that surround me on a daily basis and often look to their spiritual meaning.  Today out at paradise I watched as a small woodpecker worked on two trees by the deck. According to the interwebs that's a sign of good things to come if I don't give up on my dreams.  Yesterday's flock of starlings represents communication.  I am working on both as the spirit allows.  

I'm over halfway through with The Speckled Beauty and I will be so sad to finish it.  However, I'll be sharing it with Patty first and then others who can't get enough Bragg.  Oscar is laying on a rug beside me because he never leaves my side when I'm here.  Like Speck, he is a nasty mess who rolls in all things dead and brings it in the house.  I never smell him though, unless I get real close.  I've been considering taking him to Pierce for a big fat shot and some decent grooming but he would just get dirty again.  Maybe somebody at Headlines could just get that facial hair under control.  But his shaggy body needs some cuttin' too.  I will probably be a three person job.  He will jump in the car because he loves to ride but getting him into the vet's office is a whole 'nother story.  Somebody will get bit if he's not properly handled.  Just saying.  He was abused earlier in life and ended up with me because I fed him and never hurt him and we talk.  A lot.  

I live alone so that's about it for real time communication.  The cat Al shows up when he feels like it and he gets fed too.  I have a feeling he'll be full of mice when this corn comes down.  He knows "cat people" when they come around, if you know what I mean.  One thing I know, I will never have another long haired dog in the house or on my bed.  

I heard the cicadas today after dark and can't believe they are still at it.  Saturday's temp is predicted to be 90.....lordyjesus!  It's fall y'all.  

Be blessed and call your mama ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment