Thursday, October 14, 2021

madder than a wet hen

I must have stupid hovering over my head.  I had several things to do today one of which was picking up a print job at the UPS store.  They didn't get the email so I went out to my car to get the phone and some shyster whipped into the space next to me and spent ten minutes telling me a sob story to try to get twenty six bucks out of me.  I'll spare you the details.  After talking to Yaya it turns out this dude makes a living out of story telling to innocent folks who don't know better.  I was not one of them.  I was on the way to work and on a mission.  

We went to lunch today and you could feel the heat under that awning as we munched.  I lost my last prescription and had to pay double for a replacement.  I thought I had placed a Wallyworld order last night but somehow it didn't go through so we moved on and I made another for pickup tomorrow.  It's tricky if you don't press all the right buttons.

I went into Amazon Prime to order training wheels and some dude named Jacob had used my phone number for a trial and got a free Fire tablet out of the deal so I spent a LONG time on the phone with a Prime assistant.  Now I have to get a new debit card.  Sheesh.  Some people are jerks and ripoff artists and in my old age I can spot 'em a mile away.  Don't mess with Gaga.  

I have had my car stolen and also my information.  But, shit happens and you have to be diligent.  I check email and banking daily, more than once.  I'm visiting my sweet off the record ostomy nurse tomorrow because I've been in a lot of pain and I think it has to do with the equipment and technique, so to speak.  I have to fast in the morning so I don't spew all over the office.  Not a problem for me.  I plan on sleeping in.  

I take all these little things in stride now.  There is no peace in getting upset over stuff.  God will work it all out ^j^ 


No comments:

Post a Comment