Tuesday, October 19, 2021

dog rasslin'

Today was Pearl's appointment with the vet and I knew it would be ummm....strenuous. She's a 25 pound chihuahua mix who doesn't much like being poked and prodded.  Let's just say there was a muzzle involved for about 5 minutes for the worst part.  She was shaking in fear because she was out of her comfort zone of home but we managed to get through it.  She's been certified as healthy for a giant chihuahua.  

I am sitting here with a bag I've had on for 5 days and anxiously awaiting delivery of new supplies.  Last I looked at the tracking, it's still in Memphis.  It could be worse I suppose.  Nothing much gets where it's going on time anymore.  You know, labor and transportation shortage and all that.  Why are all of these things sitting at docks waiting for entry into our country?  What I hear is a lack of truck drivers.  I guess everybody is burned out.

I'm still in the processing of looking at Medigap options.  Considering what I spend yearly just for ostomy supplies, it might be worth a hundred bucks for a G.  More later.

I am reading Grisham's book "The Rooster Bar" and I love it already.  The critters are well and happy to see me when I get home.  I should definitely get Oscar to the vet but that would require some sort of knock out method the minute he jumps out of the car.  Plus it costs a LOT for what he needs.  I've tried to cut his terrier bangs and he ain't having it.  Poor thing can barely see through all that.

Reaves has a new car seat and it's perfecto.  It will transition to a booster seat when she's ready.  We have been discussing holidays and all that's involved.  She doesn't need clothes.  So fun stuff it is!  I might have to check out the new Ollie's and Marshalls.  I am so not a shopper in person.  

Forked Deer Connect restored my PC function today and it was the fault of a Windows 10 update that won't install.  Next stop is TenCom for this ancient Dell.  I hate Microsoft, BTW.  Sneaky little bastards.

Yaya came to pick more squirrel and bird food today but I passed because I got wet and allergic yesterday.  What a treat to see her two days in a row!

Keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment