Monday, January 7, 2019

vulgarity

I was kind of on the fence about the congresswoman calling Trump a motherfucker.  My first instinct was that it was stooping to his level but the more I thought about it the more I liked that she now has a voice.  When I  made a post yesterday stating that I was calling him that before she did I was called out for my "shitty" attitude.  "I'm sure you've accomplished a lot in your life" he said.  Me to myself : Do not engage.  There is no point in trying to have a discussion with the die hards.  The truth is that the underhanded tactics of this POTUS have driven people to become angry and desperate.  And he blames it on the Dems for not giving him his wall.  

Would my mother be proud of what I did?  Of course not.  She probably never said that word in her life.  The worst I ever heard was shit or damn.  Same for Daddy.  I am personally of the George Carlin generation that believes that a word like fuck loses its' power if said a lot.  And that's true.  I save it for really horrific things like this presidency.  Snoop Dog said it best and I won't repeat because my Mama would hear it and haunt me.  Nice girls don't do that!

I saw my girls a bit today and that was a treat.  Reaves is much better now and we had quality time until she turned over the lamp and broke the bulb.  I had to keep her jumping in the recliner until I got the glass up.  I know how to read her so when she started rubbing her eyes I pulled out the bottle and got only a little bit down before she passed smooth out.  It was an easy transfer to the bed.  We watched lots of Peppa Pig.  That's her favorite.  

She is a beautiful child inside and out and brings a lot of joy to a lot of people.  Her hair is finally growing out and it's a beautiful light auburn color that goes well with her dark eyes.  She is quite adventurous and I see plenty of minor injuries in her future.  Lauren and I are both the kind that can walk into the door facing so she'll have to train really hard not to be clumsy!!

I am sad that our country is going through this.  If it were over something that was a real threat to our safety I might understand but it is not.  It's about one man's ego and desire to win.  We are the hostages.  

Walk with faith ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment