Sunday, January 13, 2019

secret shopper

Okay, so I slept again today.  It gave me the energy to get out and get what I needed which was crab salad and a few clothes at Penney's .  Nothing big, just jeans to work in and shirts without bleach spots.  The place looked bare of merchandise and checkers yet I was fortunate enough to get prompt kind service by 2 lovely ladies.  Same for the girl who grinned at me from the Taco Bell window.   I had intended to watch church  live stream but I even slept through that.  

Once upon a time some creep commented quite harshly about my intentions to go to church and my practice of NOT going.  The truth is I go when the Spirit moves.  I believe that the church is out in the world, one human at a time.  A one on one ministry with someone can make all the difference in that person's life.  I have several friends that discuss religion and spirituality with me and we all agree that God is Good.  All the Time.  Do not attempt to do harm in the name of the Great one or you will be smacked down Old Testament style.  Just saying.

How's that for a sermon?  Some of the most influential ministers in my life have been female.  Marti Margrave.  Dell King.  Susan Sharpe. Patti Lou Parker. Kay Curry. Delores Jones. Donna Locke. Annetta Camp. You don't forget it when someone sees the potential in you as a fierce woman with a soft side.  It is that fierceness and determination to preserve human rights that keeps me believing that all will be okay with the orange one.  The worse things get, the stupider he looks.  Sorry fans.  He's demented.

Not my circus ~

No comments:

Post a Comment