Thursday, January 10, 2019

mexican standoff

It continues on.  I really have nothing left to say which is unusual.  That may change by tomorrow and normally does.  I should just quit reading about what this is doing to our country and play pretend it's not happening.  You know, things like no FEMA for California which just got burned out again two months ago.  Like kids in cages at the border and people not getting paid for weeks on end.  Joshua trees cut down and the park vandalized.  As much as some folks hate the government, it provides a lot of valuable functions that are removed during a shutdown.  Like FDA inspections of food.  That's a healthcare crisis waiting to happen.

99% of the people who know me and the decision that I made to retire early say it's the best thing I ever did.  It has taken me a year to overcome the stress of that career.  I hate to say it, but it's all about the money.  If you are fortunate to have a caregiver who does the right thing count yourself as very blessed.  We do what we do mostly for the patients while jumping through corporate and governmental hoops.  The 1% that never fails to gig me about not having a "real job" get some sort ego shot from putting me down.  I know how the game is played and I can take it.  The trolls don't even bother me anymore!

I have absolutely no idea where I'm headed.  I dream and have desires to do this or that but nothing has smacked me in the face yet and said "this is your life."  Learning patience and discernment has allowed me to sit back and think about what brings me joy but can also bring cash flow.  I'd like to be closer to my girls but not in their laps,  ya' know?  Reaves is growing up quickly and recklessly just like her mama and me.  That spirit can be a dual edged sword and I pray that she will be focused on her self esteem.  She hears the word love so often that should be the first thing she says.  They've been practicing.

Otherwise, the world keeps on turning.  The sunrise this morning was a brilliant orange and yellow bomb as I left the house.  Dark is obviously later now.  I found a premature buttercup in the back bed and it stirred the spring lover in me.  I know we have a way to go, but it helped.

Soldier on ~



  


1 comment:

  1. Perhaps the Lord has a ministry waiting for you to do... being a caregiver takes many forms, and your heart and soul are filled with love for those around you...

    ReplyDelete