Friday, January 4, 2019

from bad to better

I was forced to venture out into the chilling wetness of today to get food because I had nothing....not even a cracker.  I left Kroger with some grub and stopped by Lucky which is where the problems started.  The car, which had a brand new battery, would not start.  Michelle brought a charger over but when I tried again it started.  They both told me to get the alternator checked ASAP which I did at AutoZone.  There was something going on she said because the readings were fluctuating.  She suggested that it might be that nasty red terminal with the nekkid wire.  

So next stop was Bart's Lake Road Service where it started long enough for me to go BACK to AZ to get a cable.  I cruised back up to where I was previously parked which was behind an oil change.  Turned it off and it never started again.  They pushed it out from behind the oil change and up into the bay. A starter was ordered and arrived while I visited with Cathy.  People came in and out, some of them with attitudes.  After a couple of hours I saw the mechanic call Bart to the bay and I though...Lerd.  What now?  Robert got to tell me the good news which is that the problem was a broken cable and not the starter itself.  Girl, you should have seen me doing the happy dance all over that little office.  Honesty and integrity in business saved me 200 bucks.  It gave me some faith.

That was my day!  Hope yours was super  ^j^




1 comment: