Monday, January 14, 2019

the book of me

I found myself trying to explain what a blog is to someone who's never been on the internet much.  I still don't think he really gets what I meant when I told him he got blogged.  I write everyday so there are about 14 years worth of tales out there under a Creative Commons license.  "You should write a book" they say.  I already have, is my response.  If somebody wants to work with me editorially on fleshing out characters and putting stories in order, I'll self publish.  Otherwise it's day by day tap by tap.  

I got my grandbaby fix today while Lauren ran errands.  She's always so busy that we rarely have time to sit and talk.  She has her stuff and I've got mine.  We struggle, parallel to each other, to do the next right thing.  Our tribes are shared as are our struggles and joys.  Dat' baby is the cutest one ever birthed in my line ( only ) and has a fiery fun spirit.  She loves to laugh and giggle and (sometimes) snuggle.  When it's time for the chair and the bottle she wants to settle into the little rug that KayKay got her when she was born because she adores soft.  She will entertain herself for long periods of time playing and exploring.  And she dearly loves her people.  She's on whole milk now and is coming off of it slowly due to constipation.  

I woke up today itching like crazy on my right shoulder and neck.  There's a rash and all I can figure is it's from wearing jackets that rub there all the time.  Within the next week we'll move from jacket to full fledged coat weather.  Note to self:  check propane.  

I will no longer give Trump the attention he so desperately wants.  At this point I think it's time for somebody to take the wheel and give the country a break.  We didn't ask for this bull.  Somebody rein him in and do some damage control.  As it stands now we've got an entire year of adjustment over a month long stonewall.  

That's all I got.  Y'all stay warm and keep the faith ^j^


1 comment:

  1. It is interesting that there are those who don't understand what blogs, chat rooms, AOL, CompuServe and the like meant to we 'older' folks.
    "YOU'VE GOT MAIL" ringing across the screen. The beeps and bips of an honest dial up 14K modem, and the horror of that first phone bill when we realized hey, all that time online were to long distance numbers....

    ReplyDelete