Thursday, January 3, 2019

the sunny side of life

Still, today no sunshine.  Maybe tomorrow after the next rain passes.  It's from the south and looks big.  This makes me mighty glad to be in the little old burg because I hate the rat race that is Memphis.  Two years in college there was enough for this country girl.  The Memphis State area was "relatively" safe then but I spent the last year in the 8th floor of a residential tower next to downtown.That was where there used to be a Baptist hospital close to what is now known as the UT Liver Transplant hub and John Gaston.  The VA was to the back of the medical school campus and all of these facilities are where we did our clinical rotations.  There was a statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest in the park across the street.  Memphis has its' ethnic history you know.  A lot of successful musicians got their careers started there and many were Mississipi migrants.  It's so wierd because you can get on a street in Memphis and once you hit Goodman Road you're in the great state of MS, the magnolia state.  

I couldn't sleep last night because I knew I had to get up early, if that makes any sense.  When I go down it has been, of late, until the spirit moves me to get up.  Client #1 was glad to see me and I met two other parts of our crew both of whom are delightful.  Home health came and spent a long time reconnecting with her and doing what they do.  I was totally impressed as I was with my parents' care.  Now THEY were a challenge.  The social worker finally said her goodbyes to them when she saw she was getting no damn where with Billy G.  

This is what I love about home care.  If you have an advocate and caregiver there with you to observe and become a part of the team, it's a win win.  And all this time I was told Home Health didn't have a use for med techs.  Nurses can draw that blood!  Someone with the clinical knowledge to help in the care plan is a plus any time.  Fortunately this client has several like that in her tribe including a child.  

The Army is back again after quite an absence.  I wonder what this mission is today?  They headed toward DC so maybe there's gonna be a riot or something.  Things are getting pretty high strung and ridiculous.  I'm so glad Colbert will be off of vacay soon.

Ya'll smile and be nice ^j^ 


No comments:

Post a Comment