Thursday, April 10, 2014

chair yoga

It feels good to have a hastily arranged day off ahead of me to hopefully sleep and rest the back and shoulder. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that I can't mow the yard take care of the acre I've got with the house. It's worth the money to let a professional do it. That way I can just buy flowers and put 'em in pots in the container garden out back. Since Pride is in heaven the straw bales and/or torn up earth will serve as home to some produce simply because there's a ton of horse shit up in that barn. Our neighbor Gerald shows up every year on his mule to get some for his 'mater patch. He is one of the few elders who knows everything that ever went on out here. I've been told that there was a bar over by the river behind where the Quinn house stood and that my ex-husband's grandpa got shot there. Hearsay, but sounds about right. Our 'burg was a typical river town with the city proper on the north side of the mighty Forked Deer (which tends to flood and turn up dead bodies.)

BG asked me awhile ago how old SammyD is and I had to guess about 8ish. Tim and Amy brought him to me one day after she adopted him from the shelter and moved into an apartment. He has loved every minute of being here with us and first Faith, then the others who have shown up. It's like a shelter here but at least it's warm and they can play outside. Sophie sleeps with her head on my shoulder so close I can hear her breath. Ryder is just big and gawky and skinny with Great Dane ears and a low IQ. I mean, like BAD! A cracked door is all it takes to set her to crying because she doesn't know she can just walk through. Yeah. Like, duh.

In true spring cleaning form my closet is flung wide open and the bed is covered with piles of clothes that will go or stay and I'm totally now showing any mercy. Everything must go!
I also feel a fire coming on real soon. If ya'll see smoke coming from the hill don't be alarmed...it's just Poopie playing with matches.

Pretty day, so I'm gonna' go forth and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment