Wednesday, April 23, 2014

the best part of waking up

I don't like coffee so it's definitely not Folger's in my cup. Yesterday and this morning I was privileged to sit with BabyMan while he slowly worked his way into being awake. He slept last night wedged between his mama and sissy like a Booger sandwich. Mom had to take the big kids to school so we played until she got back and turned on Frozen after which he was mesmerized. We sat on the front porch swing and he told the dogs "nononono" which is what I tell 'em when they get on the bed. After he went to daycare I did some yard chores so that the lawn yard can get cut this weekend. My shoulder is somewhat better so I was able to also chop down those vines and baby trees that mess up the beauty of a beautifully manicured sanctuary. Heh. I'm gonna' have to have some help to get the trumpet vine off of the siding.

The grass is tall enough that Mr.Snake could be there and I'd never know it so I step softly. The air is cool and breezy and it makes me want to just clean the whole house top to bottom except I'm too tired now after picking up sticks for an hour. Maybe I could hire that out too? Nope. Not until Sugardaddy shows up y'all. I'm taking inventory of items that need "improvement" around here like the driveway with multiple potholes and the front and back storm doors that will not close. Also BG's door to the kitchen has this circa 1940s double knob thingy that is a bitch to close. It's either that or climb the baby gates. This is my second day with no news so if they have found the plane somebody just send me a text so I'll be able to sleep tonight. Meanwhile, I'll be cleaning my room and otherwise focusing on self improvement. Call your mother. Be nice to people. Keep the faith. And always remember who you are ^



No comments:

Post a Comment