Thursday, April 24, 2014

the beast

I had two fairly hectic days off and both were filled with happy things I rarely have time to enjoy. Went to bed early both nights with lots of doggie love and was still smooth worn out by noon today. My shoulder reminded me that yard work play is about to be a thing of the past except for puttering around on the patio out back. Now that Pride (rest his soul) has gone to the giant sweetfeed factory in the sky the crops are crawling up closer to Casa Poops First there was weedkiller, then some lime. The plowing commenced today and we have a chance of rain tonight so there ya go. Ain't that Big Ernie something else?

One of our adventures was visiting Memaw for a picnic with Ms. Faye out in the sun. I wandered around front with her saying "can't you ever just be still??" and found two metal rockers that I coveted like totally enough to ask her for them. For the patio, you know. The first thing out of her mouth was "I'll have to ask your daddy." She's 80 and still feels that need. Of course he didn't care at all and then he hopped on the gator and drove up to deliver what I left down there. I also scored some concrete blocks for the tomato patch. One man's junk, or so they say. I can't even remember the last time I sat on that porch and now there's a neighbor across the road and UPS/Fedex don't make daily visits. They both order from catalogs because they can't get out. Maybe I'll take him to my crack store Pennington's seed and supply. I dropped a hundred bucks in the past two weeks and never blinked an eye. There was a time in the not so distant past when that wouldn't have been an option, and I'm sure those lean times will come again. That's why I try to enjoy things and stay under the radar, so to speak.

Booger is officially walking with a little help from his friends. There was a video of him at Reelfoot Lake where they went to fish yesterday afternoon just weaving and bobbing. It made my heart jump for joy, if you know what I mean. There is nothing like the pure laughter of a small child to make one forget about the bad stuff. He talks a lot but it's mostly dadadada though he is getting some emotions up in that tiny little brain. Dude can preach like nobody's business and never say anything but that one syllable.

Yes, I'm in a mood and I can't quite figure out why except that I need some therapy. We'll put this at the top of my tod-do list right behind preparing for my next marathon. Yep, I'm a real smartass. As a matter of fact right at exactly the moment when I typed that sentence, he called. I love it when that happens! Y'all keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment