Monday, April 21, 2014

easter present

Yesterday afternoon while there was fading sunlight I gathered the Booger familia together in the front yard where it's really green with moss and we proceeded to teach Jordan the art of picking shit up and putting it in a basket. It lasted all of about five minutes but his mom spent the whole day planning to make it a special Easter celebration for every single one of us. There was lots of candy in festive bags and some personal things.....fun stuff, which is what I miss now that my Mom is unable to spin her magic. Martha Stewart ain't got nothing on this gal! I realized when I called her today that I had failed to call yesterday but Bubba and Tony had church/eggs&doughnuts duty so I know they were fed and nourished by the risen spirit! We started the breakfast thing years ago since nobody had the time or money or ENERGY to do much else. I was broke and they were needing rides so we compromised. I wouldn't trade all the tea in China for that special time with them. Generally the conversation consists of what happened at church like who was sitting next to whats'her'name. My cousin and her family were there yesterday all dressed up and looking sharp. Mo is a beautiful woman and has the spirit of her daddy in many ways. He was a fun and loving man who made every moment special and never stopped trying, even as he made platelets in the end.

That was when Nic was a newborn and came from RI for the death watch. She always told me that when she asked "how's Daddy" everybody said "he's fine." She was blown away when she saw how bad it really was. Deb and I took the brunt of that and so she's left to deal with Aunt Granny alone..well, except for Ron who is every woman's dream husband. Think Robert Redford only nicer. I've gotten so bored with MM that I'm back to Walter and Yo'ville and STILL freakin' seeing things I never saw before. It's familiar, yet fun. I so know all of those peeps. This time around I'm really tuning into the satire.

Off for two, if the spirit allows. Let's all say a silent ohmmm for rest and relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment