Thursday, March 28, 2013

supper tales

Since we've been out of propane our only way of cooking meat is Shannah's electric skillet and it's a biatch to clean. That's one advantage to eating the healthy way because it requires less cooking. I've had cheese and crackers for dinner more times than I can remember. This is the day of holy week that really gets me...thinking about Jesus and the disciples getting together for a lecture by him and how he TOLD them flat out how it would be, and they denied it would happen. I appreciate all of them for their various talents and personalities (except Judas, of course). Admit it ya'll, if you had to fish so you could eat things would be a lot simpler, right? Such a humble man, he gently washed each of their feet as he told the story of how the whole thing would go down in the garden. I remember one year when BG and Heather got caught sneaking out and I had to work the next day and we all went to see the passion play at church afterwards. We were all wailing before Jesus got halfway down the aisle carrying that cross with lay actors whipping him the whole way. I love me some Jesus, but most of all I love God because he's the one in charge. You know...Big Ernie.

We're learning what to buy that will not break the budget whenever some random gift comes along surprising me every time. "Expect nothing." That's what my ex told me his philosophy of life was. Our backgrounds were totally different family wise and I watched as his "father" died of alcoholism at the age of 55. Not pretty, ya'll. I wasn't really raised to be that way, though. My mama and daddy always supported me in everything that I did and worked hard to provide for us. One time I asked if Baby bro was a mistake and he flat told me we ALL were! My house and yard look like the biggest yard sale you ever saw but it's in piles now and that makes me incredibly happy. I'm thinking about calling in the pickers. The pyro in me is looking forward to the big fire with a volunteer fire department doing a training exercise to boot. Sounds like a show to me! The well drillers finally hit water at 640 feet yesterday as my brother and I wandered around talking to my scrappy friend at the site. Another neighbor stopped by and we winked at each other over hiding our beers in the car.

Work is work and healthcare is kinda complicated and I'm tired of the whole deal. Hundreds of CEOs and physicians have lived lavish lifestyles off the sweat of my back just because I'm a good girl and try real hard to do right. That gets an old codependent in trouble every time, ya know? BG brought me home a fortune cookie saying just that "Don't ask what is right...do the right thing." My friend Michael sent a dispatch today detailing the startling power of jealousy among military ranks and how that entire structure has been based on lies and chain of command. Dude has had his site hacked and damaged by people who evidently don't want his readers to know what's up. He spent four years on active duty prior to the journalistic project that I have followed for about six. The whole deal really scares me, what with the Koreans getting all pissy and Russia offering to bail countries out. If it happens, I just hope it's over quick. Vaporize me Kim! Oh, and by the way? That whole thing is on Dubya and Cheney's backs.

Money? I'm not really worried about. I trust BE to provide what I need for the day, hour or moment. It may not be what I like, but there's always a lesson and an opportunity to go to plan B when the dust settles. That's what freedom finally feels like, and I am forever and humbly grateful for the gift of peace. If I'm any kind of seer of things, I'd say it won't last long. I hugged a tearful friend for the first time since her dad died and she told that you're never ready. I know that she is right.

I might just be a dreamer, but I see a real opportunity for the people of this country to be a little less judgmental and see how that goes for a while. The beliefs of ANY church should not be involved in the making of laws that govern people of all different beliefs. Separation of church and state, remember? Take that 2nd amendment and shove it up your AK15 toting ass.

Thanks for the therapy time ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment