Monday, March 18, 2013

half ass normal

Well well. It's Monday and I'm off so of course the beautiful weather went "poof" and it's raining. It's been two weeks since the epizootie hit and I'm just now feeling a bit better. I learned from having pneumonia before that no cold is too small to come back and bite your butt. Mucinex and singulair are my very best buddies. The spraying will soon commence and I'll be surrounded by that toxic cloud for six months. What a shame that people don't adopt less chemical based ways to produce crops. Oh, but then Monsanto wouldn't be raking in billions. Right. Not sure where my farmer friend is but last I heard she was watching snow gently fall so it's definitely not Florida anymore. She's teaching classes all over the country on how to grow your own food using the straw bale technique. Easy as pie ya'll, and you don't have to till! The first projects were funded by charities following Katrina.

Yesterday was a real Kodak moment when the young couple came to pick out a puppy. Of course they took the cute brown one..all of them went first. Now we've got four black ones who are just as cute in their own way. Each has a personality and will choose an owner when the right one comes along. This girl don't play when it comes to the babies. Ryder will get fixed before June if I have to turn tricks on the corner to pay for it. No.More.Puppies. I should be a vet as many litters as I've tended to.

I now have phone, internet and TV as of this afternoon when we pick it up. Hopefully the mini DVD will work with it so we can lay back and relax instead of hunching over the coffee table to see and hear. Little things, ya'll...simple pleasures. I've watched two movies with my celebrity boyfriend John Cusack in them that I didn't know existed. That can only be a good thing when the screen is bigger. I missed Spotify a lot when the cord was cut because there are minimal ads and my own favorite lists. Most of all, I just missed being connected to friends. That's what life is all about, especially since we're all so damn BUSY trying to survive while Congress sits on their asses and has a pissing match. I'll give you this...if ya'll quit blaming Obama I'll let Dubya off the hook cause lord knows I've had it in for him ever since that war started. And besides, I love the Dixie Chicks, so there.

This year marks 40 since the Class of '73 graduated from Dyersburg High School and there's talk being tossed around about a laid back gathering somewhere that everybody pays for what they want and to hell with the details. Simple. My friend Spike said he would invite all the simples that he knows from the NashVegas area. His mom and mine are lifelong buddies and have played a trillion games of bridge over the years with cute little tables and tasty treats. We had a huge one at 30 and a smaller one five years later. Hell there are people from my class in this town that I never see. The concept of getting everybody together at one place and time is kind of unrealistic.

I am finding that clarity appears much more frequently when I shut the hell up and listen to the quiet or some good music. My friends found out last week that Big John is cancer free and ready to give the chemo a rest. We were all worried and quite shocked when the good news came. God is good is all I can say. Sometimes expecting the worst makes it all the more sweet when things turn out good! Currently I'm doing chair yoga, typing and listening to Bon Jovi.

What'chall doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment