Sunday, March 24, 2013

fairy dust

Ya'll, you just never know when a blessing is gonna just fall right into your lap all miracle style. Today I finalized plans for a money making venture this weekend because frankly? We need some groceries. I was cruising home and stopped to see Money Mike and Carissa. Steve Cohen would be proud at how poor people throw away their money gambling. To my knowledge, not a lot of them have other options or maybe they're just addicted. Beats the hell outta me. I've worked so hard for every dollar I've ever earned that I'll be damned if I'll gamble on something with that kind of odds. Divorced women learn what priority is and to me it's been survival and figuring out what to give up. A couple of things aren't an option because I've earned the privilege to do my own thing for relaxation and entertainment. My friend Martha let me go through some of her movies to replenish our supply. We've seen all of Shannah's at least twice and The Hangover ten times mostly on the mini player. I may consider ditching John Cusack for Bradley Cooper. More later.

My liberal big mouth tends to get me in trouble when the GOP is around and ready to fight about Obama being the devil and whatnot. In it's most simple form, I understand the survivalist mentality. Raise your own food and be kind to the earth. But when the gun things comes into play because "government is too damn big and it's all a conspiracy theory" it scares the crap out of me. I understand the ramifications of JFKs' murder and up where the CIA and FBI are concerned. I figure as long as I keep a low profile and don't get elected to Congress I'll be safe because they don't want a piece of me or the bitchass mood that is currently on my table. Guns don't kill people, my ass. As for the fetalhood people, I hope you're happy that your state will be supporting unwanted children on your dime. Serves ya'll right. I started this post Friday night and grinned when FB notified me today that said state official Cohen didn't have room for me as a friend on his page. The ironic thing is that I totally respect him and the leadership he has provided for the West Tennessee area, most especially. It's a segment of the state that is plagued by poverty and rural decay with lots of drugs and gangs and stuff. Shelby county has the inner city kind...we're all just out here flapping in the suburban breeze with the meth heads.

I was up not too early yesterday to go on a scavenger hunt down the road. The old Bizzle house which is about to be torched was full of old family stuff so my friend and I methodically went through it room by room looking for bits of history. A neighbor stopped by to tell us that he was six years old the last time he had entered the place. He's 70 now, if that tells you anything. From there you can plainly see where Luke the dane and the horses live. I had to get my expensive inhaler refilled after a day in that funk. Thanks BF ;) My major mission was to find mama's wedding dress which was in the bottom of a cedar chest wrapped in plastic and covered with mouse turds. How niiiice. I have my father's college textbooks, still in remarkably good shape. My baby brother's plaid lunchbox, with thermos. My middle brother's cowboys'n'indians light fixture. Things that wouldn't mean a damn thing to anybody but us. As I came in and out of the rooms pitching and sorting, I could feel the beginning of the end that cosmos brother mentioned before he left.

God is good. All the time ^j^





2 comments:

  1. Amen seconded here (on all of it).

    We did the 'one final look through the old homeplace' too. It had been ramsacked very badly, thieves even took an old (100 years plus) built-in-under-the-stairs kitchen cabinet.

    We did find a pile of old quilts that Mom and Dad didn't move into town. They were really old with lots of big holes in them. The worst part and why we left them was that they smelled very bad and had lots of coon poops resting on top of the pile.
    ..
    Our old farm home (blog post, last visit)
    Our old farmhouse home (picture)

    ..

    ReplyDelete