Sunday, March 3, 2013

body and blood

First Sunday is communion day and for the first time in ages everyone in my immediate family partook at different venues. BG went to a Presbyterian service and mama and I received the sacraments delivered by a UMC member as we all held hands. Daddy had already done his! Mom reminded him how very proud her friend Willis would be to see the tradition continuing outside the walls of the building. Because really? That's where the work of the church is.

We now have puppies running EVERY freakin' where in the front and have to watch out when wheeling into the driveway. They follow the big dogs and don't realize that they're just babies. I can see that it will involve at least fifty pounds of feed a week just for them so um..I'm trusting Big Ernie to help me take care of my mistakes. The people at the shelter know me by name and breed but they're broke and usually have to kill at some point. That makes me really sad and brings to mind Mrs. Betty for whom the shelter is named along with her friend Tommy. We got Butterbean there by default when I went looking for another baby who was featured in the paper. Sometimes Sammy's ear sticks up in a fiest sort of way and I know that Butters is in the house.

When I got to the manor today mama was in therapy so I wandered down to see what she was doing. To my delight there was a huge black and gray great dane wandering around behind his mama the PT worker. His name is Riley and he's the most beautiful dog I've ever seen, well besides mine. Great therapy for the elderly! He's just at wheelchair height so they can rub his big old jaws. Mom's roommate is a lady who used to live right down the road from them 30 years ago. She got hit in the head with a hammer and robbed by bad guys when she lived there, and her granddaughter eventually inherited the property. She's the one who was looking for high ground for horses during the great Forked Deer headwater. That was when we evacuated in the back of the crack head neighbor's cousin's pickup and thought we would die in the mud. Both of us were ready to jump when he hit pavement. Then the dumbass had to drive through high water just to get to the highway. Gah.

I still miss my KY cousin and there's a very deep hole there that will remain as long as I live. She was more like our grandmother than anybody in the family and that's why she enjoyed life to the fullest. Gaga went to Europe on the Queen Mary during the sixties when she had lots of money from her late husband. She and her friends traveled to New England every year and had a big old time. Born an Agee , she married Harold Reaves who was in a traveling band as a young man along with his family. r
Occupy ya'll. We will never change the present of the future until we remember the past and learn from it ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment