Sunday, March 31, 2013

happy easter to all and to all a good fight

Oh.My.Lort. This morning I cruised into the parking lot at church to pick up my parents and marveled at all the finery through my film wrapped window. Then I hopped out to take a few shots of the famous flowering cross. Every year, rain or shine...volunteers accept flowers from people's yards and push them through the chicken wire creating a beautiful symbol of what Easter is really all about. People of all denominations come from across town when their services are over to have their pictures made there. This morning I met, again, a young lady with whom BG knew as a middle schooler, all grown up and standing in the rain in a poncho doing God's work. I told her she is some kind of servant! I also popped up in the background as another old friend was having her family's picture shot on her phone by someone else and when she spotted my face you should have SEEN her reaction. The trouble started when mom and daddy exited the church under an umbrella in the pouring rain and proceeded to fight like little kids over going for doughnuts and eggs. Mama knows her limits now and refused to get out again (in the rain) with her walker just to stay in routine. She coyly offered to sit in the car while we ate to which I said hell no and headed to the house. Luckily the film on the window makes such a racket we couldn't really hear him bitching from the back seat. The more child like he acted, the more tickled we got finally bursting into fits of laughter because it beats crying or fighting back. He'll get over it and the sun will come up tomorrow. This FTD is a challenging thing, especially for one so ornery to begin with.

One more puppy got a home and spent the night in the bed of a little boy named Miles, aka Budgie. We now have one of each sex left and they're barking at each other like typical siblings scrapping on a boring gray day. The mud is awful and the poop is plentiful. First warm day will find me with a waterhose cleaning up the mess on the patio. My patio is unique...crafted with bricks and stones that I've collected over the years from a number of places. It's not very even but it sure is pretty! Four-o-clocks have seeded there and come up through the cracks and crevices. It has been too cold to even attempt growing anything but I'm ready. I found lots of clay pots on our scavenger hunt at the old house and some seeds are growing in my kitchen. Gotta start somewhere.

Peace ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment