Sunday, March 17, 2013

better late than never

One of my other daughters Kimowasi is married to an engineer and they have this adorable fun kid named Tripp who looks and acts just.like.her. Donny's most recent assignment evidently required a trip to Asia and Kimo managed to snap a pic of their Trippster riding the bus with the locals, all smiles of course. This is the very same one for whom I testified in a custody battle when she was sixteen (totally stupid bunch of drama) and BG's bestie for a long time. We grew up singing the Dixie Chicks while riding to and from wherever the heck we were going. Wide open spaces, ya'll. She shared that a taxi driver loved her "husky" voice as they sang together in the streets of Korea. Tell me that circle ain't unbroken.

The sawmill was quite peaceful today and I got to scoot out a little early to arrange meetings with the future owners of these incredibly cute puppies that are eating me out of house and home. Their white and quite great dane grandpa has been around to visit every day lately so I guess he knows we're family. This is the dude who got taken to the pound in the front seat of the dog catcher lady's truck because he wouldn't fit in the bay. It would have made a killer Reno 911 episode!

All is quiet for now with the grands. We're in a holding pattern until mom gets released back to home care. Since her chief spoil and dote advocate happens to be her very own granddaughter I'd say things are looking up now that we extended lock up time for Mr. OCD. I mean, REALLY? As we speak he's watching hockey, waiting on golf and the news after that. He said mom's okay and I'm sure Tony got enough eggs and doughnuts to last a lifetime. Everybody in that store loves Sunday morning, even the big group that moves all those tables every week, God bless 'em. Of course the women are in charge of seating.

I'm so excited about the TV coming from friends that I could just run right out and buy a DVD player for 30 bucks at the big box store except I'm boycotting them so I reckon somebody else will get the biz. Anybody in the USA sell 'em you think? Oh wait, duh. Best Buy. No wait, we don't have one of those. Got lotso dollar stores though, just saying.

As if all this weren't blessing enough on St Patrick's Day, now I have sound on the ancient desktop Dell again, by the grace of Big Ernie. Ya'll keep your finger crossed on this puppy giveaway because I'm smooth out of ideas.

^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment