Friday, July 27, 2012

timing is everything

It's been a long week here on the hill, and it's not over yet. I've got sawmill duty this weekend following a day off today so there will be no eggs and doughnuts for me this Sunday. That means Daddy will more than likely hitch a ride with his buddy Tony to eat and then home after church. We got some rain last night but not nearly enough to end the drought. The clouds looked really ominous rolling in but severe didn't happen on our lane. I love going to sleep watching lightning in the night sky through those old lace curtains. Surrounded by dogs, of course!

My bossfriend's hubby is very sick and we're praying for both of them plus a whole bunch more. Little and Big will head to Memphis on Monday for a very extensive operation on his stomach so there is plenty of worry there as well. I got so tickled listening to their daughter recount how she stalked Rick Springfield after TWO concerts and got pictures with him both times. She's got it down to a fine art now and I imagine she'll be on his Christmas card list this year. She and her gal pals staked out a restaurant and hotel to catch the old codger! He's one of those who will be eternally young in every woman's heart who ever wanted to be Jessie's girl.

Everything is quiet at Casa Grands at the moment so I'll take that as a blessing. I've done the mounds of paperwork required to get aid and assistance payments from the VA for them so that they can afford longer hours of in-home care. Supposedly it takes six months to even get it started, which doesn't surprise me in the least considering the US government. I wonder what would happen if we took six months to pay income tax past the due date? There would be a letter from the IRS in your mailbox before you could turn around I suspect. I'm off the political bandwagon except to say "Yay" for Ron Paul who is STILL in the race and just might win if Romney opens his stupid mouth again to the wrong people. Bound for him to go piss off the British, one of our few allies.

All of the news is bad so I'm avoiding it, particularly the part about Syria and guns. I can only pray that nobody gets an itchy finger and pushes this dude to let go of the nerve gas. They hate us enough to wipe out the entire country and laugh about it. I often think about the changes that have happened in my lifetime and I'm astounded that we have come so far with technology yet failed our citizens so badly. Watching the infrastructure buckle and break is a very scary thing considering how long it took for us to get there from dirt roads and horses. Proper maintenance is required for anything and that's gone by the wayside as big banks and Wall Street have taken over the reins of our country. I am particularly disturbed by the way we have not provided our soldiers in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars proper follow up care after they risked their lives and come back with PTSD. I see this as one of the greatest social challenges of our generation along with poverty and healthcare. If one more old GOP right winger opens his "no term limits" mouth in ignorance I just may scream. Those who would like for states to have more rights have done themselves in with moves like defunding PP so that the feds could move in and take over. Smart move, ya'll. Add to that deficit!

And so it goes. Life moves along at a rapid pace and some of search for meaning in all of it. Of course I have been told that I think too much!

Nah. Keep the faith ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment