Saturday, July 28, 2012

out on the porch

After Wednesday's t'storms, yesterday turned out to be not quite as hot and there was no spraying in progress so I took the chance to sit out on the front porch and watch nature. Even though there wasn't much rain, everything looked cleaner from the sky right down the the cotton blooms. I was sitting there waiting for a couple of friends to drop by when lo and behold the neighbor lady and her three kids plus a red bulldog on a leash came wandering up the driveway. Ya'll know that went over well with my protectors! Everybody finally got settled down enough for us to chat a minute while the kids ran in and out the front door. The oldest is a girl who is twelve and the boys are about ten and five, both of them special needs. Turns out her hub was on one of his rampages and they scooted out to let him cool down. I won't go into all the past drama down there, but there's been plenty. I listened as she listed off all the things wrong with her life and I silently thanked Big Ernie for how good I have it. BG and I plan on raiding her well stocked closet to help the girl out with some school duds. If we both wore something different every day, it would take two months to work through that pile of clothes.

Faith's baby daddy is a red pit as well so we just assumed that it was their dog. Only theirs doesn't have a tail and Ryder's daddy does so where the hell did HE come from? It's like there's a neon sign on the porch saying "Dog Haven...ya'll come on in." I'm just glad we found the pug's owner or he would have been #5. The kids were amazed at how still Lilly the cat lays in the bathroom window all wrapped up under the curtain in the sun watching the world go by. I wish I could be like that, and I could if given the chance.

I'm sick at how quickly season 8 of Weeds went by in the VCR. That show is like crack to me and given the chance I will watch previous seasons just to get my fix. There is something about the Botwin soul that grabs mine and won't let go. There is humor, irony, sarcasm and pure wisdom packed into every show. My favorite episode is when they become the Newmans and try to shed that name. Old habits die hard ya'll.

Peace and love. Call your mother. And always remember who you are ^j^

1 comment: