Monday, July 9, 2012

and then it rained

Praise Big Ernie and all the spirits in the universe...we have mud! Not much, mind you, but just enough to get out from under the burn ban which is good enough for me. My recycling objective is pretty much an ashes to ashes approach so there's a big pile of beer and pizza boxes waiting to be torched. I'll use that as a fire starter for the big honking pecan branch that's sitting in the driveway. At the dollar store today I ran into a chick buying moth balls and on a mission, I could tell. "Got snakes?" I asked. "Girl they are all under the house and have got to go!" Bless her heart, I hope it works. My friend Lorna helped me with my snake phobia somewhat by pointing out that a sighting, rather than being something evil and fearful, is a signal of transition. Said she doesn't go anywhere she can't see her feet, but if there's a random serpent curled around a tree, it's actually a sign. Works for me!

I ran down to check on the grands awhile ago and found it to be one busy place what with it being bath day and church food day and Ms.Faye (god bless her little heart) on duty. Mom was all smiles in anticipation of seeing her baby boy in person and quite by surprise. BG is at work and still loving the folksy atmosphere of a country general store for a job vs. trying to change the freakin' world

No comments:

Post a Comment