Tuesday, July 5, 2011

the motherload

My visit to pick up a grocery list and money today ended up in a tearful meltdown of epic proportion when my frail little mother who USED to be Martha Stewart of Samaria Bend realized that she can't entertain anymore. As my brother said " Ya'll can barely take care of yourselves." I truly understand. Yet I find myself inching toward the door these days because I just can't fix it until someone makes a decision. And at this point, it can't be me with them being of (somewhat) sound mind. I would love nothing better than for them to die peacefully in that log cabin if they'll only accept live-in help. They have the money...it's a no brainer. Yet she still clings stubbornly to the days when she was a super-achiever in the social graces to make up for being heavy as a child. She has told me that, but probably doesn't remember it. That happens a lot too.

Just talk to KY cuzin and she's had my aunt up there for a few days to do some yard sale hopping and shopping. Things are about the same there, and I'm relieved to hear that she and her sister are on the same wavelength these days. I ought to just haul 'em all up here in my house and turn it into a boarding home! But then where would the dogs sleep? Or ME? Or BG. Or BF and his entourage. It's just like a freakin' ark up here on the hill.

And so, the media court case du jour has been shut down and the book and movie contracts go up for grabs. Do I think she did it? Hell yeah. But there was very little physical evidence linking her to the crime. My theory is that she has multiple personalities and the bad one killed the baby. She is too detailed in her descriptions of things that obviously ever happened and there was a certain ritualistic bent to the heart on the duct tape as a morbid little message. I do believe that the entire family is effed up as a goose and allowed her to manipulate them to her own advantage, time and again. She's a very proficient liar, in my opinion, on the same page with what's his name in Silence of the Lamb. I'm just saying. DNA evidence is no longer something that is used to free people from jail 20 years later. It is the gold standard of court evidence. Case closed. Now, let's talk about happy shit.

We had a nice visit with some old friends yesterday but passed on the fireworks and crashed early. The food was to die for as usual and it was much nicer not having to wade through 300 people and step over the power cords for the karaoke guy. Those days went away when the grandpeople came along. How in the heck did THAT happen? I sat in the familiar corner of their kitchen remembering back to when our kids were 13 and Princess Di died in a fiery crash being chased by the you know who. We watched in on the same tiny type TV that GK was using for her ICarly fix. Somebody shoot me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment