Sunday, July 17, 2011

like, duh..

My latest mission has been to figure out how in the heck to transfer and edit pictures from my mother's (much nicer than I'm used to) camera. Though it's old and had no book, I went to the Nikon website and got hooked up with the right stuff. So why the hell wouldn't they go when I plugged in the USB. I tried for days in every which direction until I discovered a few minutes ago that I was trying to use a Kodak cable and that just doesn't work. As soon as I play with the software a bit, I'll be back in the picture business that I've totally missed. Ya'll have GOT to see this corn or you won't believe it!!

We had a breakfast birthday party for Daddy at the doughnut place where he opened his card and I was going to pick up the tab, thanks to my BF. Several members of their Sunday school class came in and tried to sing happy birthday again! We ate 'til we were stuffed and visited with the hay guy who was taking a break from the fields. There haven't been any fires to put out this week, so I'm enjoying the lull. Anyway..when I headed up to the counter to pay and get his doughnuts for the road, there was some confusion over the bill. Several of 'em were laying there together on the counter and one of the girls had to come out and tell the boss that daddy's friend was paying. Now if that's not sweet, I don't know what is! Mr. T and his GF visit them often, while not many other church members do. They're already putting in their orders for burial preachers following yesterday's service for the oldest church helper that I can remember...Mr.Puckett. He and his wife were a team there for many years.

My dear friend Marti has been on a mission trip to Costa Rica and I was tickled to see a pic of her sliding through the jungle on a wire! It takes a special kind of person to do something like that, and she's always been that giving just for the sake of it. Her car had a random acts of kindness bumper sticker on it for years :)
She and her family have been digging their house out from under a mudslide for over a year now so she's used to getting dirty!

Scruffy little Oscar, our rescue terrier, couldn't really bark well when he first came here. He was young and mostly just made little sounds like trying to talk. His range now includes a full fledged attack bark that sounds in the male puberty range of tone. I'm talking full screech! If I was a burglar and heard that I'd head for the lane. He and Sam chase squirrels but Faith is a little too elderly and crippled for that. She'll run with them but not fast. I remember when she could keep up with her friend Beau and run alongside the four-wheeler in the fields. Sometimes I wish I had never seen Marley and Me.

Beautiful fluffy white clouds and a nice breeze. One sister by the pool, the other one hollering "Go Jimmy Go!" I think I'll take the poolside experience. Summer doesn't last forever.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment