Thursday, July 21, 2011

always thus and so

Being the older hippie music freak type that I am, I've enjoyed time with and paid dearly for many an artist over the years through splits and solo careers. I have, literally, spent my Christmas club money on 45's from Vaughn's record store back in the vinyl days. My daddy's poker club met there and wagered pennies and nickels because that's mostly all they had left from supporting their families. I feel sure there were some adult beverages consumed. Mama and her girls played bridge and ate two or three times a month so it was all good. She likes to travel where daddy is one of those farmer types who needs to be around in case the cows (get) got out. Mom had a girl's weekend usually twice a year and I feel sure somebody talked her into a glass of wine or something. She told me that daddy used to be a big time beer drinker until I was born and he gave it up. I guess he knew he'd need all his senses to keep up with my smart ass.

Daddy was one who could just give me "the look" and I'd back down and do right. I never got a whipping because mama ran interference and time out wasn't invented just yet. I never spanked BG either. I do not believe in my heart of hearts that punishment works. Positive strokes? Of course. Unless you're looking for spy secrets and what not, put a little honey on it and see how things turn out. Ya'll would be surprised how much folks appreciate a real live nice person. Many MANY children have absent parents these days. Somebody usually has to travel for work because well, you know. The great american dream is dead and it's all Obama's fault. Maybe not quite ALL his fault kids. You reap what you sow. Dubya got out just in time before some raging Islamic extremist blew up his compound du jour. Tell me BE ain't good.

He will do the same for our current president because I truly believe...with all that I have, that the American people are sick and tired of the way things are. We have no honest representation in government because the almighty dollar is at the bottom of everything that rules our lives. Is this what we fought and died and defended freedom for? I think not. As a person of faith, I look at is an opportunity for improvement as the corporates would say. Give a little and take a lot less and see what happens. Maybe your company will start the upswing on Wall street. It doesn't hurt to try ^j^

1 comment:

  1. Revolutions are not started by those who are fat and content, but by those in the fields and streets slowly dying...

    ReplyDelete