Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"the pile" has a birthday

It came to be in March of last year when the demon on a backhoe dug our gravel driveway out of 50 years worth of grass and potholes, banking it up real nice where the sides are easy weed eaten. If I had one, that is. I experimented with paying guys to do it last year but overestimated my ability to pay, so it was almost Halloween before I got square with them. But I did :) Looks like this year my brother and I will take turns doing my parents' place and share the mower three ways. Hey..we're more organized now. Thanks to all you people at Pro-Mo for giving me one summer off from yard duty. It's a bitch out here with all the orchard grass unless you've got big guns to work with. This month is going OUT like a lion with southerly wind gusts warming things up to near 80. The AC is already on because the pollen and dust are horrific and we are slaves to allergy attacks here on the hill. Anyway..the pile is still there, promised to this big old sinkhole in the pasture, formerly known as a pond. Time marches on and all that.

I work with this gal who loves animals is pimping puppies for a friend and I've met her little one named Whiskey twice. This tiny dude is a beagle/chihuahua mix but looks (and barks) mostly like a mini beagle pound puppy. He is precious and I am hopelessly in love with cute puppies so I caught myself considering one.....somebody for Sam to play with. Faith is getting middle aged and tires easy but that Sammy D surely does love to run like the wind! He played last night with Conner's dog Meko and they had a ball. As for Lily, she's still thinks she's the boss and I'm not going to expend the energy it would take to convince her otherwise. Cats are just like 13 year old girls and old ladies. Do.Not.Argue.

The deejay on my morning rock station is mean as hell and announced early this morning that it was Thursday. News guy correctly him pronto, so as not to get our hopes up that we had missed hump day in all its' glory. Any time one can see a light at the end of the tunnel known as working for corporate America, one should grab for the brass ring, so to speak. I'm just saying.

Ya'll be careful out there. And keep the faith ^j^


1 comment:

  1. That would be a nice bonus skippin right to Wednesday.

    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete